Thursday 23 February 2017

Meet the participants of the #LlandeiloBookFair / #LlandeiloLitFest: Cheryl Rees-Price

Cheryl will not only be at the Book Fair for the first time but she will also be part of an author panel talking about Welsh Thrillers on Saturday at the Angel Inn at 1pm

Please tell us about the books you’ll be bringing to the Book Fair.

I’ll be bringing three of my books to the book fair, my debut novel, Echoes, and the first two books in the DI Winter Meadows series.

Echoes: Nightmares and ghostly visions lead to a 60 year old mystery. Do you believe in ghosts?

The Silent Quarry:  A missing woman, an unsolved murder, and a village steeped in secrets.

Frozen Minds: Two murders and the next victim chosen, Bethesda house is no longer a safe haven.

Which genres do they belong to?

Crime/Mystery

What are the characters and plots like?

DI Winter Meadows is the central character in my books, born on a commune and raised by hippy parents he is charismatic, intuitive, and has an uncanny gift for finding the truth. The plots are suspenseful with a mix of ‘whodunit’ and ‘police procedure’. There is some humour as well as darker elements.   

Tell us about your newest book. 

My latest release is Frozen Minds and the second in the DI Meadows series.  The book centres on a murder in Bethesda house, a home for adults with leaning difficulties. Suspicion falls on the residents and the case proves challenging, for Meadows and his team, when the only witnesses have complex personalities and a unique view of the world. When a second murder occurs it’s clear that Bethesda is no longer a safe haven.

Which of your books are you’re most proud of, and why?

The book I’m most proud of is The Silent Quarry. This was my first attempt at writing a crime novel.

What is the best thing that has been said about your books?

I’m always thrilled when someone asks me when the next book is being released.

Why did you decide to come to the Llandeilo Book Fair?

As this is a local event I’m am delighted that I’ve been invited to attend  There is a varied and full programme and  I’m excited to get the chance to meet up with the other participating authors and readers.

Do you have a special connection to Wales? 

I have lived in Wales all my life. It’s a place I am proud to call home.

What is your personal background?

I was born in Cardiff and moved to Brynaman as a young child. After leaving school I worked as a legal clerk for several years before leaving to raise my two daughters. I returned to education when my girls started school, studying philosophy, sociology, and accountancy. I now work as a finance director for a project management company. My dream is to write full time and a cottage by the sea would be nice!

Who are your favourite authors?

Among my favourites are Sharon Bolton, Harlan Coben, Linwood Barclay, and R D Wingfield.
Please share your social media links and buy links to your books.

Eventbrite - Panel discussion with local crime fiction writers Sally Spedding, Thorne Moore and Cheryl Rees-Price  £5,90 Welsh Thrillers with Thorne Moore, Sally Spedding and Cheryl Rees-PriceThree crime writers discuss Welsh thrillers and crime fiction, on a panel hosted by author Carol Lovekin.Trafodaeth rhwng triawd o awduron llyfrau trosedd.






No comments:

Post a Comment