Sunday 26 February 2017

Meet the participants of the #LlandeiloBookFair: Penny Luker

Penny is another newbie to our Book Fair and one with quite a considerable back catalogue. Welcome Penny. Please tell us about the books you’ll be bringing to the Book Fair and their genres.

‘The Truth Finder’ is a young adult fantasy book about Earth in the fifth millennium. It is about a young man who can read minds, but his gift is a double edged sword.

‘The Mermaid' is a book of short stories for adults and includes a prize winning story from the Chudleigh Phoenix Writing competition. It has a variety of genre and a mixture of appealing characters.
(and not so appealing)

'Nature's Gold' and ‘Autumn Gold’ are poetry anthologies, full of poetry to enjoy.

'The Green Book' and 'Tiny Tyrannosaurus' are chapter books, suitable for children under eleven. These are great for bedtime stories, either to be read by the parent or the child. Both books bring a little magic into a family’s life.

Tell us about your newest book.

My latest book is a children’s picture book called ‘Desdemona: The Dragon Without Any Friends’. Desdemona learns about friendship, when the town of Wrex comes under threat.

Which of your books are you most proud of, and why?

Each book is an achievement. The Truth Finder is the first novel I’ve completed. Nature’s Gold and Autumn Gold are collections of poetry that have built up over a number of years and I love writing poetry. The Green Book and Tiny Tyrannosaurus were written for my Canterbury grandchildren and Desdemona is the first book that I’ve illustrated.

What is the best thing that has been said about your books?

The best thing ever was when my grandson sat down and read Tiny Tyrannosaurus to me and said it was his favourite book. Obviously praise from family doesn’t count with readers so I’ve picked the latest review from the The Truth Finder by Lacey.
‘I've read a few books by Penny Luker. Although I've enjoyed all the books I've read by her, I have to say this one is the best.
The Truth Finder is aimed at a Young Adult audience ,but it's enjoyable to read even if you're older.
Vrail was an interesting character with interesting abilities.
This story is set in the future but the author has created a world that's easy to imagine and while you're reading the book, it feels like you're there with the characters.
This book is a very quick read and comes highly recommended.’

Why did you decide to come to the Llandeilo Book Fair?

I’m friends on Facebook with a number of indie authors who are coming to this book fair. I did some research about the Llandeilo Book Fair and it looked like a really fun event. I thought it would be good to have the opportunity to meet readers face to face.

Do you have a special connection to Wales?

I love Wales and have had lots of holidays here. My daughter and family live in Wales and I have two Welsh grandchildren (as well as two in Canterbury). I also work in Wales as a volunteer for the Alzheimer Society in Flintshire, where I run an information point in a GP surgery.

What is your personal background?

I am a retired primary head teacher and a former associate lecturer with the Open University. Now I spend my time writing, studying art and playing music as well, of course, spending time with family.

Who are your favourite authors?

Lesley Hayes, Christoph Fischer, Tom Benson, Trudi Canavan, Elizabeth George, P.D. James, J.K.Rowling and Ruth Rendell.

Please share your social media links and buy links to your books.

You can keep up to date with my writing on my websites: www.pennyluker.wordpress.com and www.penspoems.wordpress.com

My Amazon author page is
http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B008TR5ZLU

http://www.amazon.com/Penny-Luker/e/B008TR5ZLU/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1460194746&sr=1-2-ent

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pennyluker.writer/?ref=bookmarks

Twitter: @PennyLuker



https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mermaid-Penny-Luker/dp/0955989620/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1486589555&sr=1-1&keywords=penny+luker

No comments:

Post a Comment